Friday 2 July 2010

Coming back. To what?

When I was just a little girl….. Here I would like to digress a little bit and share with you my favourite song. I like not only the song but also the clip because it gives such a wonderful picture of feminine dress and style of 50s. It is from the movie "The Man Who Knew Too Much". It also stages Doris Day one of my favorite actresses from the Golden Era of Hollywood.




When I was just a little girl I liked drawing pictures of “princesses” in beautiful dresses. My grandmother taught me to knit and sew when I was very young. When I became a teenager and later as a young woman I tailored dresses for myself using my grandmother’s old Singer sewing machine with hand drive. It is still alive and I keep it because of sentimental memories.


In my adult years life kept me busy and I drifted far away from the wonderful world of yarns and fabrics.

Some time ago I realised that my wardrobe is very boring and monotonous and doesn't reflect who I am. I realised that I miss personal style and strive for more feminine clothes. So I started a journey in search of my style. I use different sources on my way, including books, web sites, forums and of course my favourite blogs which are a source of inspiration for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment