Sunday 26 June 2011

Unpacking Me-Made Vacation Wardrobe

 
When I received February issue of Burda magazine and was hooked by its Italian pages I didn't know that I am going to have Italian vacation this year. But Burda continued Italian theme in May issue and I sewed another piece from these pages. As I moved on with my sewing, vacation idea gradually materialized and became tangible. At the end of June I was lucky to spend one week in Venice, the unreal fairy tale city. I was absorbing it with all my sences and enjoyed every single minute.
Here are the Me-Made garments that I took on this vacation trip.

Summer Dress (Burda 2/2011-101)

Tunic Top (Burda 5/2011-103)
 
Capri pants (Burda 5/2011-124)

This pants have loose fit that makes them very comfortable for travelling.

Hat
I made this hat just a couple of days before the trip more for fun than for practical reason but it came out very useful for trip on the motorboat to and from airport  since it was very windy.
It is made from leftover Ikea fabric (after making this pillow). The hat pattern is from Burda Easy Fashion Summer 2008 magazine. Easy project, took me not more than two hours to make it.

 
I also wore this combination of lacy mohair jacket and sundress in the evenings, no photos though.
It was nice to wear Me-Made garments though they are yet far from being perfect. And of course the trip inspired me to make more sewing plans.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing post! all photos look so beautiful!
    You are a great crafty woman! Love your things that you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some beautiful pieces for your vacation wardrobe - I particularly love your fabulous dress - so perfect for a week in Venice. I love your photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely thrilling! I'm glad you're back home and resume all sewing projects, but they sound wonderful holiday y. ... Oh, my God! All those beautiful clothes you wore to your vacation. Fabulous !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a wonderful time in Venice! Also you look very stylish in your finely custom-made wardrobe. Also thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a very nice comment.

    ReplyDelete